Are you aware that there are certain items that can’t be placed inside your microwave? Putting the wrong item or food in the microwave can cause a fire to happen. Been there done that. In order to make sure that you are keeping you and your family safe in the kitchen here are 10 things that should NOT go inside of your microwave.
1. Paper Bags – perfect for to store food in for lunch but it should NOT ever be inside of your microwave because it can potentially catch fire
2. Take-out Containers- if it contains any metal then please do NOT put it inside of your microwave.
3. Styrofoam Containers – These can easily catch on fire so it’s best that you put your leftovers on a plate instead.
4. Yogurt & Butter Containers – these plastic containers can catch on fire and are not made to be put in the microwave
5. Sauce or Dip w/o A Top- talk about an explosion...By placing this inside of your microwave without a top it will most likely explode and leave a big mess for you to clean up. If you’re having spaghetti with sauce on it, be sure to put a paper towel over it so it doesn’t splatter everywhere
6. Plastic Containers- some are microwave safe, it will say on the label if it is safe to use in the microwave
7. Aluminum Foil- Since it is a metal it will definitely catch on fire, so it is best to not put this in your microwave. However, it is safe to put in your oven!
8. Fruit- Some fruit and withstand heat, but did you know that grapes will explode. Maybe a fun science experiment, but one that we advise you don’t try at home.
9. Hot Peppers- what is the worst that can happen to peppers…they can catch on fire. Just keep them out of the microwave.
10. Travel Mugs- oops your coffee or tea is cold what should you do? First thought, the microwave! WRONG! You should never put your travel mug in the microwave especially if it is stainless steel because it can damage your microwave. The plastic travel mugs will have a label stating they are microwave safe if you are unsure about putting it inside of your microwave.
We hope that these 10 things scared you so you won’t put them inside of your microwave. Always be sure to check on your label that it is microwave safe before placing it inside of your microwave.
If you need any parts for your appliances be sure to visit our site.