When your clothes are being dried inside the dryer, moisture is being removed and vented out. It is very important that your dryer is vented all the way to the outside of the house properly. You most likely clean your dryer lint screen after every load, but have you ever thought about cleaning the dryer vent? Over time lint and other particles can build up on your dryer vent.
Follow these instructions to clean your dryer vent.
1. Disconnect your dryer from its power source.
2. Pull the dryer away from the wall and unfasten the metal tubing (it’s that crinkly aluminum vent tube fastened with a metal band). Attach the tubing when finished.
3. Poke a bristle dryer brush on a long handle into the vent and rotate it around to pull out all of the lint. Repeat this step until satisfied.
4. Next, go outside to examine the dryer vent opening on your house and clear away any blockage.
5. Finally, don’t forget to plug in your appliance.
You should clean your dryer vent at least twice a year. Failure to do so can cause a fire.
Thanks for reading!
If you need to replace any parts for your dryer you can find an oem replacement part on our website.