Are you someone who enjoys a clean house, but hates to use harsh chemicals? Then you will be pleased to know that there are a number of natural cleaning techniques that you can use to keep your appliances and home surfaces perfectly clean, without the chemicals. Here are some great ones!
- To unclog drains- pour ½ cup of baking soda, then a ½ cup of vinegar down the drain and let sit for a few minutes. Then run steaming hot water down it and you should be back in business.
- To clean windows- You can put Club Soda in a spray bottle for cleaner and follow up wiping them with newspaper to get a streak-free shine on your windows.
- To freshen the washer- Add ½ of lemon juice to a load in the washer to create whiter whites and keep the washer smelling clean.
- To get rid of hard water- Got a build-up of hard water on your shower head or bath handles? Soak in vinegar for a few minutes and then rinse with hot water and it should come right off.
- To clean chrome and other metal fixtures- Mix a 1:1 mixture of vinegar and hot water, and use this solution to wash these surfaces with a cloth.
- To clean the garbage disposal- Mix a 1:2 parts baking soda and vinegar solution and pour it down the drain. Rinse it with hot water, then run the disposal and throw some citrus peels down it.
- To clean the oven- Make a paste out of a 1:1 parts mixture of baking soda and vinegar, and use it to scrub the inside of the oven (and also baking sheets and stained pots/pans). Simply rinse off with water.
- To wash counters- Mix equal amounts of vinegar and hot water, and add in a splash of lemon juice. Use this mixture to clean the counters and other similar surfaces with a cloth.
Using these tricks with the ingredients you already have in your home, you can create a sparkling home, while avoiding the chemicals found in some store-bought products. Happy cleaning!