- Garbage Can: Take the can outside and use a mixture of bleach and water to kill bacteria. Then dust the inside with baking soda to neutralize future odors.
- Sink/Garbage Disposal: To clean out the disposal, cut up a couple lemons and drop them, along with a few tablespoons of salt and some ice cubes, down it and turn it on. This will freshen up the smell and clean off the blades.
- Dishwasher: Run the machine empty on the hottest setting with two cups of white vinegar, poured directly into the drum.
- Refrigerator: After making sure the food inside is still good, clean the shelves and drawers. Leave an open box of baking soda in the back of the fridge to help absorb odors and keep smells neutralized.
- Cupboards or closets: After cleaning them out, place scented dryer sheets in the back or under things to keep musty smells away.
- Cooking/food smells: After cooking something particularly pungent, be sure to clean p right away. Also, leave a bowl of vinegar out on the counter overnight, as this will neutralize the strong food smell
Even the worst of odors can be taken care of and prevented to keep your kitchen, and the rest of your home, smelling great.
Thank you for reading! Visit the rest of our blog to see weekly posts for more information and tips for your household appliances!
Browse our main website to find new affordable OEM parts for your major household appliances.