When was the last time you cleaned your oven? If your answer is never or you can’t even remember, then you could benefit from this all natural cleaning method. With just a few items you most likely already have in your kitchen, tough to remove food remnants now become easy to remove!
What You’ll Need:
WARNING: Before beginning any repair or cleaning, turn your appliance off and disconnect it from its power source completely to avoid injury.
1. Open up your oven and remove all the racks.
2. Create a spreadable paste by mixing 3 tablespoons of water with ½ cup of baking soda.
3. Using your plastic spatula, spread the paste all over the inside, but be careful not to get any on the bake or broil elements. It will start to turn a brownish color once it is applied to the areas as it is working to break down and wear away at the grease.
4. Make sure you have coated the entire inside of your oven.
5. Close your oven and let it sit for 12 hours.
6. After 12 hours have passed, open the oven door and wipe out the entire inside with a damp cloth.
7. For places where the paste is difficult to scrape, fill your spray bottle with white vinegar then spray onto the surface. Allow it a minute to foam and then go ahead and scrape it off using your spatula.
After you have finished your cleaning, don’t forget to replace your oven racks. If your racks are not in the best shape and you would like to purchase new ones, you can find them for sale on our website here.